Sunday, September 04, 2005

Buter tlepon bimbit 3g

I took the liberty to title my blog in LOCAL language. Got that 3G phone which a pal bought at factory price. He works there. No more details. That would get him into trouble. Well. It's a different make from my current phone, and it took quite a while for me to figure out how to send an SMS. And, I know I was supposed to read through the manual. But i'll let my dad do it pass on the knowledge to me. Afterall, that phone is for him. Bought my beloved daddy a phone, since he never spoils himself with simple luxuries.

I am feeling sentimental right now. No, it's not because Siti Norhaliza is on Tv3. ( i've got no astro in Singapore) Not that I have a choice...........
I think I have the coolest set of parents anyone can ask for. My dad is perpetually blur. And my mom is a buddy. My sister and I would tease her quite often, and at times, my dad would join in.. it's wholesome family fun. Ok-lah. we get quite a bit of teasing as well.... All's fair in love ,war and the teasing game :)

Hang on while I change channels....
Better.


Today I checked into a hotel which I am going to stay in for the next 11 nights. I am usual excited when I come to Singapore. But this trip is different. The regular hotel is fully booked, and I am placed in a different one. It's decent, but I miss the luxury of the regular one.

This room is missing
1. a real tv remote control(this one is attached to the side table)
2. a safe
3. a queen size bed
4. the ambience of a 4 star
5. the luxury of being 5 minutes away from Raffle's and Clarke Quay
6. my regular conciarge guys
7. my club floor babe who makes me coffee

Let's look at the bright side of this room now shall we? This room has
1. 24 hour shopping mall called Mustapha
2. Alot of indian nationals
3. Alot of indian nationals
4. Little india (explains the vast numbers of indian nationals)
5. rude potter
6. receptionist who apparently does not know anything
7. bad breakfast ( I heard, yet to try it tomorrow)



Tomorrow I'll get my arse down to the base. We have training, something I am really looking forward to. Learn your spacetrack boys, get mobilized and get down and dirty.

Which reminds me, I have some pre-training material which i should go through. Can't afford to look dumb tomorrow. Oops. I've neglected my msn buddy. Better get back to her as well.

FYI: Buter tlepon bimbit 3g = buta telefon bimbit 3G = don't know how to use a 3g cellphone = em sek yung 3g tian wa = pu hui yong 3g tian hwa = beh hiaw yong 3g tian wa = no entiendo operationes telefono 3g = Sik pandei pakai tlepon 3g

All transalation were done adhoc. No referals used. Man I am multi lingual. Self praise is no praise. =)

3 Comments:

Blogger Perky said...

I was like,"wat the fuck is buter tlepon bimbit 3g?!". I read it as battlepond. Reading was never my virtue.
I had a good laugh on what's missing & what's good about your room. Hahaha!

Mon Sep 05, 02:51:00 PM 2005  
Blogger queue said...

yela yela, I've complained to my office super-admin already. No choice. regular hotel fully booked.
ANYWAYS, the breakfast SUCKED bigtime. I am SO NOT used to non gourmet breakfast *ewwww* (himbo shurg) Like how do you drink non freshly brewed coffee with non french pastry.. * like, whateverrrr*

Mon Sep 05, 06:12:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Perky said...

*with my super high pitched bimbo slang & to be done with lots of finger & facial movement* I know!!! It's like how do you drink a Perrier without a curly straw? It's like getting a manicure without the French, girlfriend.

Tue Sep 06, 04:55:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home